Thursday, August 11, 2011

Resurrection

bry1936
Photo by Melanie Godecki

What a difference half a year makes.

Since I last updated, my life has changed in some significant ways, and while I've opened up about them to some of my closest friends and family, I've chosen to be pretty tight-lipped about it online. Lately, however, I've been feeling very introspective about the ways I've changed and continue to change, reflective about who/where I used to be, and appreciative of where I am now, mentally and emotionally. I'm sure it all sounds corny, but y'know, deal with it. ;)

I've been writing a bit about all this, getting the thoughts and feelings that I've had swimming through my head for some time out of my head and into words - stuff I've worked internally already, but haven't really "let out". I'm debating sharing some of it, but I'm not convinced that's a good idea. I'm usually pretty open about my feelings and opinions, and I don't feel I have anything to hide, but I have some hesitance, so... I'll have to think about it. (I realize this is all incredibly vague, but the important part is that I feel I'm in a much stronger, more self-secure, happy and confident place right now than I've ever been before.)

So yes. Maybe I'll write again soon. If not about this, then about something else. But for now, I leave you with a song:


No comments:

Post a Comment