- Jack Layton's death has affected me quite a bit in the last few days. I liked him a lot as a politician and more recently came to consider him a bit of a personal role model, and since yesterday his last words have been constantly on my mind. He had it down - that's the way to live, that's the way to do politics, and we shouldn't forget it. I said all I needed to say in my last post, really, but it felt worth acknowledging one more time.
There's going to be a memorial service for him in town this Thursday. I think I'll go.
- What's Awesome: I'm feeling more verve in me lately. I hope it's not a passing thing, because I like feeling like this. A bonus is, I don't find myself really worrying about other peoples' opinions of me or my life - not that I get a lot of negative opinions, really - but instead I'm trusting my own mind more than I feel I used to. Good stuff.
- I can't (or shouldn't) shave until the stitches are out, so for this week, Operation: Terrible Beard is a go!
Not much to see so far, though. I don't grow the best facial hair anyway - it's pretty light in colour for starters, and due to my
- Here's a picture of Logan doing his signature "broken legs" routine:
He drags himself along the carpet with his back legs totally motionless. (And yes, I know what he's really doing. I don't care; he's the best.)
- I've made tentative plans to go zip-lining this weekend. But "tentative" just won't do - it's too unsure for me. Let's lock it down!
- Nobody's really taken the bait on this whole "Ask/Tell Me Anything" thing - what gives!?
- It's a few years old now, but damn do I love this video (and song):
Okay, that's all I feel like spilling out for now. Later, Internet!