Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Brysketch: Intro + TMNT

My friend Francesco has started his own art blog somewhat recently, where he's regularly sharing pages from his sketchbook. This seemed like a damn good idea to me, so I've decided to just steal it outright.

I've been drawing literally as long as I can remember. I have no formal training, I'm not a professional, I'm just an addict. It began with me as an impressionable youngster, watching the first "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" cartoon series at home, the intro sequence working me up into an imaginative furor that's been going strong for nearly 20 years since. So I started drawing. It was practically a compulsion, but I loved it. I did it in school every day, usually instead of paying any attention to the class itself. I did it when I got home. I sometimes did it in the middle of the night, turning on a single, inconspicuous light and sneaking to my desk to let my imagination out in one of my dozens of little green drawing books.

Soon after, I discovered the TMNT comics - first Archie, and years later the original black and white Mirage books. I worked my way to Marvel and DC, and eventually up to Vertigo and Dark Horse. This only fed my addiction further. Comics became a pretty huge impact on my life, and will likely remain a huge impact throughout the rest of it.

So that's a bit of an introduction to me. But this is supposed to be a sketch blog, so I'll stow the narcissistic autobiographing and cut to the chase.

Appropriately enough, I'll kick things off with a few "TMNT" character sketches, Raphael and Casey Jones:



More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment