Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloweening

A little while back I posted a Halloween costume poll. There was a pretty clear winner, but I wasn't totally sure I'd be able to get it all together in time and be happy with the end result.

Well, I had some incredible luck shopping for my Halloween costume last night, and managed to pick up a suitable jacket and wig for relatively cheap:


I just have to tweak/customize the accessories a bit and I'll be ready to go. And to finish things off, I've ordered the following:


It should be pretty obvious what the costume is now, I guess.

That's right, I'm going as legendary newsman Walter Cronkite.


(Annnd moving on.)

If it wasn't already obvious, Halloween is kind of a big deal for me, and ideally I want to go all out. But while I can't really justify spending obscene amounts of money on life-size, realistically-detailed zombie statues to plant all over my lawn -- a man can dream, though! -- getting the house suitably spooked-up is still important.

Submitted for your approval, dear Internet, here's what I've done so far:


And to the left, I've put together a little budget-friendly graveyard:


If I'm able, I really want to get some eerie blue light shining down on it for a little ambience. But there's this damned "adult with self-restraint" part of my brain telling me to rein it in.

I will do my best to ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment